Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Ethical Hacker Network

The Ethical Hacker Network is one of my favorite forum, iteresting discussions on the board and useful resources. I warmly suggest to join the community if you are interested in hacking secrets!

Here is an interesting review from Ethical Hacker.
Hacking: The Art of Exploitation 2nd Edition

Review by Ryan Linn, CISSP, MCSE, GPEN


Hacking: The Art of Exploitation 2nd Edition (HTAoE) by Jon Erickson is frequently considered a "must read" for those wanting to understand exploits and exploit development. So when I wanted to understand more about the exploit development side of security this was the first book I picked up.


When talking about a book that involves programming, it is often beneficial to know where the reviewer is coming from. I do Windows, Unix, and network security, and I am pretty comfortable with programming although by no means a professional programmer. I have worked some with assembly programming, albeit in the days of Windows for Workgroups, and I really wish that I'd paid better attention in that class in college. Although I do have some experience in these areas, I'm going to point out what areas may cause individuals who haven't been exposed to much programming challenges, and also what areas should be understandable by everyone.

No comments: